perjantai 5. syyskuuta 2008

The big picture

Location: Tampere, Finland

I'm going to India for 5 months for an offshore assignment. The city will be Hyderabad in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Flight tickets have already been reserved, but details of living there have been left to tactical consideration.

This blog will document my confusion while learning to navigate in a new environment and answer to question "Mitä kuuluu?". The trip will be a new experience since I haven't travelled much before.

My job will be programming. Basically, there's a software house which is building a hybrid system which includes Symbian part. Since the software house doesn't have much Symbian experts, they're subcontracting them from my company. I expect the challenges of programming to be the one familiar element in the middle of new experiences.

2 kommenttia:

Matti kirjoitti...

Good luck & whatever. It'd be interesting if you could post photos (flickr, maybe?).

Subcontractee kirjoitti...

Thanks, luck is needed there. Photos are at least more relevant in expat blogging than in boreblogging for native audience, so I'll probably add them.